Saturday, August 8, 2009

My favorite music style? Slack Key!

In case you never heard about it: Slack Key is a Hawaiian kind of guitar picking which also includes a special way of tuning the strings. Having played in a band myself in the past, I really love this uplifting, as well as relaxing music... and I was very lucky to experience two more Slack Key concerts on my last trip around the beautiful islands of Hawai'i...

The first was a concert of my favorite group, Hapa, at Casanova's in Makawao on Maui, after I had already seen them live at the Maui MACC in 2006. The second was one of Doug & Sandy McMaster's Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar & Ukulele concerts at the Community Center in beautiful Hanalei on Kauai. Their mixture of music and story-telling is a quite soothing experience (not only for a rainy afternoon in rainbowland ;-)

Visit their website http://www.mcmasterslackkey.com/ where you can not only learn more about that kind of music, but also how to play it... or to listen and buy their awarded CDs and more...

And don't forget to check out my designs at zazzle for merchandising Doug & Sandy (no, they didn't ask me to - it's just because I'm a fan :-)

1 comment:

  1. Admirable philosophy on being in this world. Had fun visiting your site. Purrs.

    ReplyDelete